(Mailed to all subscribers
the first week in August)
1 .RACE REPORTS FROM THROUGHOUT NEW
- Khoury's East Somerville 4-Miler
(Run hard, party 'til you drop).
– The true center of New England
road racing. Any arguments?
- Pack Monadnock 10
(Hah! And you thought Dave Dunham was unbeatable?)
- North Easton
Museum 5 Miler – Gallagher
whomps old Mass HS legend)
- Montpelier, Vt
10-Miler – Arizona stud
wins it. Suds flow at Julio's.
- Fairhaven 10K
– So, you think YOU can beat Judi St. Hilaire (fuggetaboutit).
- Hartford, CT
Avon Women's 10K – The wrath of Gordo smokes 600 wimmin.
- And many, many more, with ALL HSR
subscribers times listed
2. LETTERS TO THE EDITOR:
- Complaints. Complaints. Complaints. (The
Rat readers return fire). Completely uncensored look at what New England
runners are REALLY thinking about.
3. RATDOSSIERS (Intimate profiles of local runners)
- This month's featured Rats are "Moonshot"
and "Sigmund Freud", and their true
identities are hidden from non-subscribers by these Official Rat Code Names.
These are very classy people.
4. GRAND PR*CKS SERIES #4 RECAP:
- The antidote to the pink-panty wimpy
USATF Grand Prix Series, these 20 races determined the toughest runner in New
- Full Results
- Uncensored photos (well, some were
censured otherwise we'da gotten arrested)
- Hints of what's to come in the next HSR
Grand Pricks series of the 20 toughest and best road races in New England.
(Ultra, trail run, double marathon, nude race, mountain run, who knows?)
5. COMPLETE ROAD RACE SCHEDULE:
- For August and September.
- Yup, we even have the Andy Sockalexis
Memorial 5K in Old Town, Maine on August 19th. Be there. Only
True Rat readers know who Andy was.
6. ROAD RACE ENTRY FORMS:
- Over a dozen in this issue, delivered to
your doorstep in the centerfold of the
August-September Hockomock Swamp Rat.
7. AND MUCH MORE:
- 28 pages of New England road racing news
from the only underground running magazine in the Free World and/or
ALL IN THE AUGUST-SEPT 2001 ISSUE OF THE